Monday, September 10, 2007

What a day! Two weeks ago one of my kitties, Anastasia, was limping, so I took her to the vet thinking it was a sprain or abscess. They drained it and sent her home. When we went back a couple of days later to get the drain tube out, the vet was concerned that all the swelling hadn't gone down. They x-rayed her and could see a mass, so they biopsied it. We got the results this morning, and it was a very aggressive form of cancer. The vet said the only possible treatment was amputation, and even then, due to the type of cancer, we probably wouldn't get it all out. So I made the difficult decision to have her put down. I already miss her terribly, and feel awful about having to do it. I know it was the right decision, and now she's not hurting, but that sure doesn't make it easier for me:(

Quote of the Day

"No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat..."
Leo Dworken

Posted by Claire at 8:16 PM  
4 comments
Mindi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. She's in a better place now with lots of catnip and mice to play with and I'm sure you saved her a lot of pain by making the decision early.

September 11, 2007 at 8:36 AM  
Dani - tkdchick said...

Awww Claire, you've had Ana for so long! Big hugs from me and Todd!

September 11, 2007 at 11:06 PM  
Anonymous said...

Oh no! Ana!!! I'm going to miss her warming up the guest bed with me. Poor kitty. You're right, though -- she's definitely in a better place, now.

September 18, 2007 at 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment