Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Evening all!
Well most of the boxes have been unpacked, although the garage is still a mess. We'll get to that over the weekend though. Today I was finally able to sit down and stitch for a couple of hours. I also watched a movie called Mission to Mars while I stitched. Not a bad flick I guess.
We're still hoping for the house in TN to rent or sell. I keep believing that something has got to happen soon with it. It's definately a bit of a stressor. I'm also still hunting for a job down here. Duval Co. is under yet another hiring freeze, which is supposed to lift on July 21st. It's just a little nerve wracking waiting to see where all the cards fall. However, I think I'll relax and enjoy some stitching time while I wait.
I did make it out to the beach last week. A friend and I went to one of the little state parks on the beach. It was fantastic! You could drive right down onto the sand to park, and it wasn't as crowded as Jax Beach. We wandered around the point to where the tide pools were and found starfish, minnows and hermit crabs. It was very cool. Unfortunately I neglected to put suntan lotion on my feet and got a sunburn on my feet and ankles which then got swollen, so I had cankles for a few days. I would like to say I've learned my lesson, but I never seem to.
Well, I'm off to get ready for bed.
Cheers
Claire

Simpons Quote of the Day
"Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." Homer Simpson

Posted by Claire at 9:03 PM  
2 comments
Dani - tkdchick said...

Oh Claire I'm insanely jealous! I'd put up with the sunburn!

Sitting back to stitch is the best thing you can do. There's nothing you can do about the house or the hiring freeze so its best to keep those hands busy!

July 9, 2008 at 11:29 PM  
Anonymous said...

Sunburn feet hurt so badly - hope you remember for the future. I went to college in St. Augustine and got some terrific burns before I learned.

July 11, 2008 at 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment