I'm Back!!!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Howdy all! It's been a while I know, but I've been keeping myself busy. Starting my new job has been challenging in some ways. While the children seem much easier to deal with than my last class, the paperwork is out of control! Page after page of nonsense that the county deems necessary, certain things I MUST have posted in my classroom that the county deems necessary... and the list goes on and on. My kiddos are an interesting bunch this year. Much higher functioning, and very verbal! I'm not at all used to that. They all have so much to tell me, and questions to ask. They actually tattle on each other! I'm amazed:)
Last weekend my stupid boy dog, Dargo, got out of our backyard. We think someone may have opened our fence, which is very creepy. He was in the bedroom with us on Thursday night when we went to bed, and was gone when we got up at 6a.m. I looked a little before school, but wasn't too worried cuz I figured he'd be back by the afternoon, but no such luck. We hunted Friday night, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday. We walked through subdivisions and brush. I actually fell neck deep into a creek in the middle of the woods! And I can tell you it did not smell that great:( Here I am, completely soaked up to my neck, crawling out of a dirty creek into the backyard of a trailer home. I was hearing the banjos!!! We put up signs in 15 subdivisions with his picture and our phone number. By Sunday night we weren't sure what to think. I had decided to take Monday off to keep looking, so we headed to bed around 10pm. Of course I was up every couple of hours to check to see if he'd come home. At 3:30am the phone rings. Some woman on her way to work spotted him running around her neighbourhood. So we hop in the car, and finally get him back around 4am. What a relief!!! I ended up taking him to the vet though, because he was limping and had a wound on his shoulder, but he's doing fine now. So needless to say that whole episode kept me occupied and off the computer last weekend. This week I spent redoing my comp, so mow I'm up and running well again:)
Well, that's a pretty long story, so I'll finish off for now, and write more terribly interesting things later this week.

Cheers
Claire

Quote of the Day
A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.
Ogden Nash (1902 - 1971)

Posted by Claire at 7:33 PM  
2 comments
Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm so glad Dargo was found! How upsetting the weekend must of been... and that creek ewww lucky you weren't gator bait!

September 27, 2008 at 11:22 PM  
Unknown said...

Good to hear from you again. Also very glad you found your dog. Many times people are not that lucky.

That creek sounds nasty. I will be equally nasty and say I'm glad it wasn't me neck deep. I am sorry it was you and can think of others I'd prefer to see neck deep in nasty water.

September 29, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment