Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Evening folk! Here I am in sunny Florida and loving it! It's been beautiful down here. Today I went to the beach and walked and sat for a while - even got a little sunburn. That actually isn't too hard for me. All I have to do is look at the sun and I have a burn. lol On Monday I went to my LNS. I'm so thrilled with this store! Last time I was down here I was talking to one of the ladies at the store about Celestial wings, and some of the issues I was having. In case I haven't expounded on here, it's driving me to drink-even more than usual, that is. I have had this one on the go for a while now. Naturally, I did the border first with DMC rayon thread. (Side note: I hate rayon.) While working on the more interesting details of the border, I was using a q-snap, and after getting over half way through, I noticed that the original border work seems flattened:( I was sooooo mad that I put the piece away for months. So when I finally forgot the problem and pulled it out again a couple of months ago, that was what I saw - a flat DMC rayon border. So last month while at A Stitch In Time I asked about it, and what to do. The lady I spoke with recommended I bring it in next time. So, spring break, here I come with Celestial Wings. Lois took quite alot of time, and was so helpful - tips, a replacement thread for the border - she even took the time to show me how to pin my piece to rods so there would be no more q-snap issues. She is wonderful!! So I did get a DMC cotton pearl to replace the border rayon, which means, after I get a little more of the dragon done, I'll frog the border and redo. bleh. I did finally finish my February ornament, and am almost halfway through March's. I'll post some pics tomorrow. For now, I'm off to drink wine, watch Idol and stitch.

Cheers

Claire

Simpson Quote of the Day

"I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES." Homer Simpson

Posted by Claire at 6:44 PM  
1 comments
Dani - tkdchick said...

I can't wait to see your piccys!

March 20, 2008 at 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment