Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Well, I'm home again! My time in FL was great. The weather was wonderful, and I had a marvelous time visiting with my family. We spent Christmas Eve and Day at my parents house, and had a blast opening gifts and playing Bingo. (My SIL got it for Christmas.) DH was back at work for the next few days, so I had time to shop. I headed out to A Stitch In Time to check out the stock. A sad lack of funds meant no real shopping, but I got the JCS Christmas Ornament magazine I'd been looking for and some more petites. I wanted some fabbie too, but couldn't remember color and count, so I went home to find out and went back the next day to get that:) Two days at the stitching store are better than one!!
I also got to walk on the beach at St. Augustine, barefoot of course. The weather was so gorgeous - 77 degrees that day. I think I'll fit right in down there:)
I arrived home in time for our yearly snowfall. It began around 9pm and almost covered the grass! lol When I look at the pics from Dani's blog, and a couple of others from the north, and remember all the years I lived in Canada, I'm just so glad to be in the south! Sometimes I miss the snow, but I don't ever miss the cold:)

I'm plugging away at the baby sampler. Unfortunately I didn't get alot of stitching done, but it's moving along. I have also decided to follow Dani's example and stitch an ornament a month this year. Being very OCD, I have picked the ones I'm going to stitch, got together the fabric for each one, and made a list of the other specialty items I'll need. I love to make lists:)
School starts up for me tomorrow. The kids won't be back until Monday, so at least I get to ease back into it gently, and start with a training session.
Well I'm off to stitch on the sampler for a while before bed.
Cheers
Claire
Homerism of the Day
"D'oh! English! Who needs that? I'm never going to England."

Posted by Claire at 7:49 PM  
2 comments
Dani - tkdchick said...

Wooot! Great goal to stitch an ornie a month I'll keep you to that promise!

January 2, 2008 at 9:08 PM  
Unknown said...

I went to 1 year of college in St. Augustine - wonderful but a bit hard to get used to candy cane ornaments on the palm trees. Lots of barefoot on the beach time there. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Glad your holidays were happy and best wishes for a terrific new year.

January 3, 2008 at 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment